Sunday, November 25, 2012

Whoever Said Money Can't Buy Happiness Simply Didn't Know Where to Go Shopping

When purchasing gifts, I have always ascribed to the belief that you should give people things that you would want to receive yourself.  Which is why one year, I gave everyone on my gift list Frango Mints.  However, since many of my friends are not chubby adolescent girls from the North Shore of Chicago, this went over like a lead balloon (which is also, incidentally, what your lower intestinal tract feels like after consuming an entire box of Frango Mints in 30 minutes or less).

This is Angela.  She's pretty
even when I don't cartoon
her.
This year, I decided to try something a little different.  My friend Angela recently opened up a boutique in Fort Worth called the Creative Collective.  Angela is a gifted quilter, and her goal was to create a space where local artisans, craftsmen and vintage "pickers" could showcase their creations.  And the result is something magical.  If Martha Stewart and MacGyver had a baby, the Creative Collective would be it's nursery.  The shop has so many cool and unique items, it's hard for me to even describe. Which is why I took photos...








One of the artists finds old electronics
and parts, and turns them into cool
robots and dioramas.  I want to let her loose
in my garage so that she can make me something.
Ideally, I would like that something to be a
John Major robot who can vacuum my rugs.
Since I know I don't have a red speedo
in the garage, I will purchase one on eBay
if necessary...

Look at all this stuff!  Everywhere I looked,
I saw something that I wanted to have in my house. 
Although I think the bacon-scented "man candles"
would drive my dogs insane.
I wish I was as gifted as Angela and her colleagues.
I'm not, but at least I was smart enough to bring
my husband with me so that he could pay for
all the gifts I picked out...

Unfortunately, if I were to tell you more about the boutique, I might spill the beans on all the presents I bought for this year.  And I'm not going to do that, because what's the point of selecting a cool present if you can't keep your yap shut about it?  The downside, of course, is that I couldn't buy a present for
Angela there, since she was the one ringing me up.  Oh well.  I'm sure she enjoys Frango Mints.

Go check out the Creative Collective for yourself
at their Holiday Open House on December 16th from 1-5.
The address is 3526 W. Vickery Blvd. in Fort Worth.
 

1 comment:

  1. It's Angela. I love you! And Taylor's quote is PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...